The Wishing Star is very pleased to provide learning support to students of all ages, as well as support for parents on related topics.
This type of support is ideal for any student who:
• is struggling with academic skill acquisition
• is feeling deflated about their school performance or themselves as a learner
• has challenges with managing homework and/or staying organized
• has run into any variety of other roadblocks that are getting in the way of success in the classroom and beyond
A specialized Integrated Learning and Personal Development Program will be developed for each student. If there is a previous Pscyhoeducational Assessment
, outcomes, data, and recommendations can be incorporated into the Integrated Learning and Personal Development Program that will be uniquely created for your child’s learning needs.
What is an Integrated Learning and Personal Development Program?
Integrated learning and personal development programs are aimed to meet the needs of each and every individual learner, recognizing and valuing his/her interests, learning strengths, and areas of growth.
These unique programs merge:
positive learning behaviours, fundamental learning skills, learning how to learn tools, and executive functioning skills with
• Personal development:
self-esteem and self-efficacy, self-confidence, self-awareness, life balance, motivation, and personal best, and coping skills for anxiety.
Designed for 1-to-1 teaching/coaching sessions, these programs focus on your child’s learning strengths to help develop successful learning skills and a growing confidence and self-esteem.
Also included in these comprehensive programs are resources and recommendations for teachers and parents.
Benefits of integrated learning and personal development programs:
• School support and advocacy for your child
• A nurturing relationship of trust and safety
• Encouragement, inspiration, and motivation for your child
• Strategies for learning, doing homework, and taking tests
• Self-management skills
• Improved relational and communication skills
• Exploration of self-confidence, self-esteem, self-awareness, and self-acceptance with your child
• Someone who will respect, understand, and listen to your child’s concerns
• Thinking, decision making, and problem solving skills