Career Opportunity: Registered Psychologist
The Wishing Star is seeking a dynamic, creative psychologist to join our thriving multi-disciplinary team on a full-time basis in sunny White Rock, BC. The successful candidate will possess an integrative, developmentally-informed and family-centred approach to assessment and intervention specializing in children and families with a broad range of referral concerns.
Clinicians on our team enjoy:
- Marketing and Referral Network – We have a professional online presence, a well-developed referral plan, and a large network of professional referral sources.
- Full Administrative Support – Our administrative team provides full service client care and administrative support for our clinicians.
- Strong Team Culture – We facilitate professional development opportunities, regular clinical consultation with peers, retreats and social events to promote strong team connections.
- Relocation Assistance – Clinicians interested in relocating to join our practice will receive assistance with relocation expenses, securing suitable housing, establishing a client caseload, and related relocation-related matters as needed.
- Registered Psychologist (PhD level) and eligible for registration with the College of Psychologists of BC.
- Experience working with children, adolescents and families.
- Enjoy working in a team environment.
- Committed to working from an attachment and developmentally centred model, informed by the merits of focusing on parent personal growth
About The Wishing Star
Founded by psychologist and author, Dr. Vanessa Lapointe, The Wishing Star is the destination private practice in Metro Vancouver for child-related support services. Our team offers children and their families compassionate and skillful support to address their needs through counselling, psychoeducational assessments, workshops and support groups.
The Wishing Star is located in the seaside community of South Surrey/White Rock which boasts an array of housing options, excellent schools, and an abundance of parks and recreation opportunities, and retail amenities. Just minutes from the beach, 40 minutes to downtown Vancouver, and under an hour to local ski hills, South Surrey offers all the comforts of living in a small community with the conveniences of a nearby big city. For more information visit lapointepsychology.com.
Interested in applying? Have questions? Email Careers_Wish@lapointepsychology.com